KHS Students Awarded at the Tennessee Valley Fair Student Art Exhibit

Mace Alred

Reese Brandea’s work “Fragments of Beauty” was featured at the Tennessee Valley Fair

Mace Alred and Hailie Ford

The Annual Tennessee Valley Fair student art exhibit is virtual and Covid proofed this holiday season and features student artists from all over Knox County. With dozens of entries submitted by their teachers from artists younger than eight years old all the way up to twelfth grade, the fair is an opportunity for artists of all ages and from any level art class to showcase their talent and hard work to the public. This year, Karns High School had no less than eight submissions with two students bringing home awards for their pieces. Reese Brandeau’s piece, “Fragments of Beauty”, won her a second place ribbon for the ninth grade division and Abby Schute’s “Still Life with Red Light” earned her an honorable mention for the twelfth grade division. “It’s just another chance for us to share artwork outside of the building in the community” says Mr. Gentry, “with visual art, it’s really important that other people get to see it.” The shiny, new virtual exhibit gives the people of Karns the ability to do just that, safely and socially distanced, of course.

https://www.tnvalleyfair.org/p/competitions/2020-virtual-contest-entries