Beavers travel far and wide for Thanksgiving

Breanne Wessel

Beaver vehicles rest before they head to their destinations

Breanne Wessel, Reporter

It’s Thanksgiving season in Karns, and that means Thanksgiving break. There are tons of places to go all over the world, but for Karns High school students, the most popular results are Gatlinburg, TN, New York City, NY, and Savannah, GA. 

Gatlinburg is not a surprising result, as it is close by and has so many great options for family activities, hotels, sightseeing, excursions, etc. There are many seasonal events going on in Gatlinburg during Thanksgiving break, including skiing or snowboarding, looking at the Winterfest light displays, and Black Friday shopping in the downtown area. 

Sophomore, Hannah Kramer says, “My family always visits Gatlinburg over Thanksgiving because we have a tradition of staying in a cabin and eating Mexican food for Thanksgiving dinner. It’s weird but we like it.”

So while traditions might vary between each family, Gatlinburg is a great place to visit over Thanksgiving break.

New York City is always a popular destination, no matter the holiday, but it seemed to be especially common compared to other responses. There’s a good reason for that though, during Thanksgiving season, New York City is beautiful and buzzing with excitement. There are so many fun things to do like seeing the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, ice skating, black friday shopping, sightseeing, and more.                                       

Sophomore Aiden Meredith states, “When my family goes to New York we have to wake up extremely early so we get good spots for the parade. It is most definitely worth it though.” 

The Macy’s thanksgiving parade is the best Thanksgiving attraction in New York City, as it is a great tradition for families of all over. 

Lastly, Savannah Georgia is a very popular place for families to visit, and it is quite popular this year for Karns students. Savannah is a wonderful place to visit anytime of year, there are miles of beautiful beaches, tons of unique activities, lots of family activities, etc. Plus, Savannah has nice weather year-round, compared to the chilly weather at most other vacation spots. 

Sophomore and student athlete Jordan Thurston says, “Savannah is great over Thanksgiving because it isn’t busy and my whole family goes and does a lot of things all over.” 

Savannah is great to visit for so many reasons, whether it is the family activities, unique experiences, or the great weather. 

All in all, there are alot of places one could go for Thanksgiving break, but Gatlinburg, New York City, and Savannah are common places to visit amongst Karns High School students. Each place has its own special attractions that draw in people, including family activities, great sightseeing, nice weather, and more.  Wherever one may go, there will always be fun traditions to keep, and new ones to make.