The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Heads up!
The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Breaking News
  • October 25Heads up! Karns takes on Clinton this Friday at Clinton. Be there!
The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Heads Up!
  • Ghoul at the School - This Friday, 5-8!
Polls

What is your favorite abbreviation?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Meet the New Blue Zoo Section Leaders

Emma Hall
The Blue Zoo leaders sport their togas at the Homecoming game.

Meet the 2023-24 Karns High School Blue Zoo leaders Laileigh Powell, Conner Clark, and Carma Luster. They are in charge of spreading school spirit and encouraging students to get involved in all school events along with leading chants in the student section. When asked why they would choose to be a leader all were very quick to say they wanted to cheer on their school and spread school spirit. 

¨ One time they made me switch spots with another person because I was being so loud. So I would say I have a lot of school spirit,¨ said Powell when asked if she had school spirit. 

̈There is lots of communication between us before and even during games, sometimes we will be in the middle of a game and be coming up with chants,¨ said Powell.

The new leaders are different from past leaders in many ways such as the way they communicate and go about being leaders ¨Well nobody is the same but I feel like the way we came together even though we weren’t friends and have created a united front is way different than in the past where they’ve all already been friends,¨ said Luster.

The Blue Zoo leaders this year are very inclusive and are trying to bring everyone together to form a more united school community. The leaders are doing everything they can to make school and school events more enjoyable and they are willing to change in any way to do so.

¨I ́m trying to help others find their voice like I found mine,¨ said Clark. 

The Blue Zoo leaders want you to get excited for everything they have in store and be willing to stand out to support your school and show school spirit just like they are. They have so many fun things and games to come so be ready. The student body seems to be in very good hands this year and they think the Blue Zoo should be excited for everything that has yet to come.