The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Heads up!
The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Breaking News
  • October 25Heads up! Karns takes on Clinton this Friday at Clinton. Be there!
The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Heads Up!
  • Ghoul at the School - This Friday, 5-8!
Polls

What is your favorite abbreviation?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Let’s Look Ahead At This Year’s Basketball Season

Christian+Boyce+and+Taha+Tarchane%2C+a+sophomore+and+a+junior%2C+respectively%2C+are+two+stars+of+this+years+basketball+team.+
Zavanna Dawson
Christian Boyce and Taha Tarchane, a sophomore and a junior, respectively, are two stars of this year’s basketball team.

Basketball Season is Starting here at Karns and the excitement is unbearable as the Beavers Basketball Team season is about to kick off soon. Students, coaches, and fans alike eagerly anticipate the start of this thrilling sport that brings the school community together. With the sound of squeaking sneakers and the sight of crowds in the stands chanting “Go Beavers!”. Basketball season is a time of camaraderie, competition, and personal growth for every player this year. One of the most remarkable aspects of basketball season is the sense of unity it fosters among students. Players from different grades and backgrounds come together, forming a cohesive team that relies on trust, communication, and collaboration.

“Playing basketball from a young age has been a challenge because I’ve been smaller than everybody else in the past, but I’ve grown, gained confidence, and became stronger so I could be better than most people on the court and achieve my goal in improving myself. Said Junior Taha Tarchane.

Through shared goals and aspirations for their future, they learn the importance of teamwork and build long-lasting friendships. The basketball court turns into a metaphorical melting pot of diverse talents and personalities, all working together to achieve victory for their team and the school. Students push each other to excel and reach new heights and goals in life. The thrill of facing off against other schools ignites a fire within the players motivating them.

“It’s been tough playing basketball since a young age, there has been lots of pressure since I started but it has motivated me to become better and improve my skills as I continue with basketball in my life” Said Sophomore Christian Boyce.

From exhilarating cheers of the crowd in the stands to intense moments of strategic gameplay, basketball season brings a chill of adrenaline and excitement to the entire school community. 

“I’ve been playing basketball here at Karns on the team since my freshman year and it’s always been something I do for the fun of it, but I wouldn’t say that I’ll be carrying the team this year throughout the season, but I’ll play that role”. Said Senior Walker Lockhart.

Through rigorous practice sessions, players acquire discipline, perseverance, and resilience. They learn to handle victories and defeats with grace, understanding that every game is an opportunity for improvement. So, let us embrace this season with open arms, cheering on our team, and supporting each other as we start this exhilarating and vibrant journey of basketball. Go beavers!