The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Heads up!
The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Breaking News
  • October 25Heads up! Karns takes on Clinton this Friday at Clinton. Be there!
The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Heads Up!
  • Ghoul at the School - This Friday, 5-8!
Polls

What is your favorite abbreviation?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Beavers’ New Football Star Stays Humble

Kareem+Ellis+is+all+smiles+in+the+weight+room+as+he+trains+for+Friday+night.+
Alexandra Asbury
Kareem Ellis is all smiles in the weight room as he trains for Friday night.

Senior Kareem Ellis is the new star player of the Karns High School football team. He is the team captain and he has worked hard to get the respectable position he has on the team. He is a major part of our offense. So far this year, he has gained 388 yards and scored four touchdowns. 

Since Ellis has been playing football at Karns since freshman year, he’s been recognized as one of the best players and has won many awards including Defense MVP and All Region. He received those awards for being a leader and trying to make a name for the beavers and himself. 

Of course, a star player needs to have a good mindset in order to succeed. Being humble and having hope in yourself is crucial. Knowing that you got what it takes but not going overboard is important to many activities in life and life itself. 

“I always tell myself to be calm…,be humble and to always play your game,” said Ellis.

Ellis’ teammates greatly appreciate his efforts for the team, and are inspired by his perseverance. He is said to be a motivational teammate and team player. Football players such as sophomore Trey Ndayishimiye admire Ellis’ spirit.

“He is a great role model,” Ndayishimiye said, “He tries to motivate us during games and practice, and [is] a great teammate in general.”

Ellis has given football his all and has inspired his team in several ways. He shows the team skill and perseverance. The team is greatly impacted by Ellis’ leadership and it shows. Even the coach of the team noticed Kareem’s attributions to the team.

“Kareem brings a lot of passion and energy to our team, he plays on both sides of the ball…he plays running back and he plays a couple different spots on defense,” Coach Warren said.

A remarkable football player always has someone or something that inspires him to try his best. Ellis always listens to music such as NBA Young Boy to prepare before a game and get some more confidence. There are additional things that inspire him to play his best. 

“A football player that inspired me is Derrick Henry because his play style is different from other running backs,” said Ellis.

This year being Ellis’ last, there is still a lot to get done! This year’s star player has made great memories for Karns, encouraged our football team, and increased our school spirit. There will be many more games to compete in, furthermore come out to the next game on Friday, September the 30th against Powell High School. Go Beavers!