The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Heads up!
The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Breaking News
  • October 25Heads up! Karns takes on Clinton this Friday at Clinton. Be there!
The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Heads Up!
  • Ghoul at the School - This Friday, 5-8!
Polls

What is your favorite abbreviation?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lady Beavers’ Basketball Players Are Ready to Rock This Season

Courtesy Lady Beavers
The returning members of the KHS Lady Beaver Basketball Team

Ladies and Gentlemen, basketball season is making its way back to the dam. The season officially starts on November 22, 2023. Tryouts took place in the gym on May 30-31st, 2023.

Here’s a little recap on what happened last season, the lady beavers finished the 22-23 season with a 19-13 overall. Which is the first winning season in over 15 years. The ladies’ hard work led them to their first region tournament. The lady beavers have come a long way and are ready for this upcoming season, this is what the players and coach had to say about this upcoming season.

“I’m ready for this season, I have been working very hard to get a starting position since I’m the only sophomore… I was very prepared and excited for tryouts, I just knew that I would make the team yet again,” said Jacayia Asup.

Asup decided that she was going to try out for a second year and isn’t going to let the fact that she’s an underclassman determine her starting spot on the team. She hopes that this season is even better than last year.

“Tryouts and conditioning was a lot for me since we had to condition for 8 weeks, but I pushed through it and now I feel really good about this season, I really feel like we’re gonna do way better than last year since we really been working hard,” said Abby Harris.

Harris is the only center on the girls basketball team, so the team will be relying on her to be a strong presence in the paint and a consistent rebounder.