The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Heads up!
The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Breaking News
  • October 25Heads up! Karns takes on Clinton this Friday at Clinton. Be there!
The best dam news in town

The Karns Chronicle

Heads Up!
  • Ghoul at the School - This Friday, 5-8!
Polls

What is your favorite abbreviation?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Karns Pulls Off A Nice Win Against Campbell County at Home

Lucas Armstrong
Walker Lockhart and Warda Apiat take a break from workouts to smile for the camera.

On December 8, the Karns Beavers boys’ basketball team took down Campbell County 59-51 in a home conference matchup. This win raises Karns’ record on the season to 3-4, while dropping Campbell County’s record to 3-7. Karns’ head coach Lee Henson had a few things to say regarding the team’s overall performance on Friday.

“I think the guys are really coming together as a group, we got a couple of them who waited their turn from last year, and they’re getting their opportunity this year and they are trying to make the most of it”, Henson said.

Karns did really well at shooting efficiently and consistently, shooting 41% from inside the 3-point line, 29% from 3-point range, and a huge 50% on free throws. The Beavers also dominated in the paint, pulling in 29 rebounds. Junior Warda Apiat had some comments on why Karns did so well offensively.

“Our biggest strength for the team so far has been passing the ball, creating wide-open shots, and attacking the gaps”, Apiat said.

On defense, Karns played a decent game. They racked up 11 steals and 4 blocks, while only allowing 6 offensive rebounds the entire game. Senior Walker Lockhart had some comments on the team’s defensive performance, as well as an idea on how they could improve.

“We don’t have a lot of size, but we did good at taking up space in the paint”, Lockhart said.

So far this season, the Beavers’ team leaders are not quite what people might have expected. Senior Blake Dawson leads the team in both points scored and blocks, while Junior Warda Apiat leads in shooting percentage. 

The Beavers’ next few games are on December 14 and 15, where they will take on Hardin Valley and Carter, with both games being away. We’ll see if Karns can keep their winning streak alive this week, go Beavers!