GAME RECAP: The Boys Varsity Dragons Dominate over the Boys Varsity Beavers 69-41

Harrison Garrett, Sports Reporter

The Beavers were looking to continue a 5 game winning streak against the Dragons In Tuesday’s game. The Dragons came into the game trying to get a win after a loss to #4 Science Hill on the 18th. In a post-game interview with Dalton Greer, a senior on the team, he said that they were going to try and play good defense against a tough Clinton offense. In an interview with Coach Henson Before the game he said Clinton has a lot of good shooters and they needed to limit them making shots. This game was very important for the Beavers because if they win they would be in second and Clinton would be third in the district. The Dragons started off strong with a three pointer and gained the early lead. After a few quick shots the Dragons were atop the Beavers 9-5. With a minute and thirty the Clinton was still leading Karns 20-7. At the end of the first quarter the Dragons are running with the lead. Clinton’s ability to make 3 pointer after 3 pointer is allowing them to keep a hefty lead over the Beavers. Karns has had foul after foul and Clinton is cashing in on them losing the ball by putting up points. At the end of the third quarter the Dragons are trying to hold on to the lead 49-31. With 4 minutes and 17 seconds in the fourth Clinton was able to catch a fast break and #11 Lee Harrison slammed down a dunk causing a roar from the Clinton student section making it 64-41. The Dragons held the lead and beat the Beavers 69-41. In a interview after the game with Traven Jackson, a senior on the team, when asked about how they played he said, “ Our offense was kinda at a standstill and defensively they were just lighting us up.” In another interview after the game with coach Henson when asked about what he think went wrong he stated, “ we didn’t come out with the same intensity that we did the last four games and of course they come out and don’t miss any shots.” The Beavers are looking to redeem themselves for Tuesday’s game against an exceptional Oak Ridge team ranked 9th this Thursday.